Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WWW Wednesdays July 27

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading  
To play along, just answer the following three questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

I am just about done with The Septavalent Stone by J.O. Jones and I am just starting Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford.  



I just recently finished reading When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris (so  funny!!) and The Art of Forgetting by Camille Noe Pagán (LOVED IT!!) You can read my thoughts about The Art of Forgetting here

As an aside, my book group went out to dinner to discuss Sedaris' book. Well, a local gentleman who has his own vineyard (and who happens to be loaded, money-wise) came into the restaurant while we were enjoying our drinks, before ordering dinner and discussing the book. He started talking with us, maybe a little flirting was going on, and he ended up buying each of us a glass of his very own wine. What a nice guy!!  So you can imagine how hilarious we thought Sedaris' book was after 2 drinks. Most of us are light-weights when it comes to alcohol anyway. We had a great time laughing about the book.


Next I will be reading whatever books I have been excited to get to from my TBR pile. We are going on a weeks vacation and I always have high hopes that I am going to do a lot of reading on vacation. I usually don't, but I pack the books anyway, just in case. 

And now I have a ton of e-books I can read too, just in case I get thru all of my hard copy books. These are a few that I am going to take along cause I really, really want to read them.

  • Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews
  • The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown 
  • Hatteras Girl by Alice J. Wisler
  • The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
  • Mothers & Daughters by Rae Meadows

I am not really sure which one to start with. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I got them all read?

So many books! So little time!!

Happy reading everyone! 

6 comments:

  1. I always pack too many books for vacation, too - and, since I'm a knitter, too much yarn! :) I always anticipate having more time to read and knit than I ever truly do...

    Interesting WWW choices! I liked your review of The Art of Forgetting.

    BJ @ Dark Side of the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Forgetting sounds good. I'm not familiar with the other books though... ;P ANyway, thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm following back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, The Art of Forgetting looks great :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/www-wednesdays_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some interesting choices you have up there. I am a new follower.

    Here is my WWW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beautiful covers. The Septavalent Stone and The Art of Forgetting both have lovely covers. That makes a book so much more enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have quite an assortment there. I enjoyed Summer Rental. It was a good beachy read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...