Monday, June 25, 2012

Shifting Gears by Shawn Kirsten Maravel

Wesley Pierce, a Virginia State Trooper, is in search of the perfect log cabin to settle down in. After losing his brother and doing his best to care for the family he left behind he decides, a year after Nathan’s death, that he’s finally ready to move forward.

Olivia Michaels, a realtor in search of her own dream home and a way out of her parents’ attic, takes on a client who can help get her that much closer to affording her freedom. Little does she know that it isn’t the perfect home that she finds but through Wesley Pierce she manages to find herself. And maybe, if she’s capable of taking the leap, she might even manage to find love.

This novel, not unlike its predecessor in the Rider series, The Wanderer, is not a story about life altering suspense and mystery or a love that seemed impossible from the very start. Instead, this story is of love in its purest form. In life it isn’t mystery and excitement that drive our hearts but trepidation and the moment in which we all decide to jump unguarded into the arms of another. ~~ synopsis from Goodreads


My thoughts on Shifting Gears ~~

I have to be honest and say that the first time I saw this book, I wasn't much interested. As you know, if you have been following The Book Bag for any amount of time, I am a sucker for a great cover. A guy on a motorcycle, even though he has a great looking body, just didn't grab me like some other covers have.

But then I kept seeing this book 'talked' about everywhere. I checked out the author's blog and she was appealing to bloggers for some help to get the word out about her book. Once I took a closer look at the story (and not just the cover) I liked what I saw and liked the idea of helping this author out.

I can now add Shawn to my list of authors that I am going to watch for future books. I loved this story! Wesley and Olivia are both great people who you, as the reader, want to get together and have a happy life. They are both just so nice that they don't want to sabotage what they think the other one has gong on in their life.

Shifting Gears is a very well written book and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it for the time that I was in Olivia and Wesley's life. This is a book that was easy to read and hard to put down. And this is book #2 in The Rider Series. I decided that I kinda like a guy on a motorcycle so I am going to have to check out book #1, The Wanderer. Shawn has another series, the Volition series that I am going to have to check out too.Oh heck, I just need to read them all!

And I can't wait to see what Shawn writes next!

Connect with Shawn Kirsten Maravel



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...