Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Book Blast: What You Wish For by Gina Wynn #WishBlast


Never stop wishing...

What You Wish For

Publication Date: September 2015
Genre: Women's Fiction

Maggie’s secrets and lies have always lurked in the shadows of her marriage to childhood best friend, Jake, and the magic of wishes and call of destiny from an alternate world seem to offer her the impossible - a second chance, and a new start. The husband she gains is a lonely man, married to Maggie’s alter-ego from his world, and he has always struggled to understand his wife. Will has long wished for his marriage to change and rediscovers what was missing when he spends time with Maggie.

Although she is drawn to Will in this alternate world, Maggie must decide where her ‘love’ for Jake stops and ‘in love’ begins, and discover what happens when she shares her biggest secret with the stranger who has loved her since they met. Caught between two men in two different lives, it is essential Maggie learns whether she has the power to call one world ‘home’ without destroying the people she loves. Never stop wishing.





He drove a very nice car, although different to any familiar model from home, and lived in an extremely nice house. In fact, nice didn’t come close to describing his lifestyle, but it would do while I contemplated a better word. The paltry amount in my own bank account never afforded me a reason to think in terms beyond ‘nice’ before.

Note to self: Thou shalt not covet the material aspects of thy alternate-dimension self’s life.

My gaze slid over Will. Coveting her husband was definitely not okay—for so many reasons. I imagined the beautiful, poised, ice bride in the photograph wanting anything of mine and stifled a giggle. Dear God. She’d think she’d died and gone to shop at Pound Land. And I couldn’t even imagine what she’d think of Jake as he rolled over in bed and farted in her general direction before snoring so loudly she heard a bear attack in her dreams.

Will prevented me from standing on his driveway and admiring his belongings by propelling me towards the car and opening the door for me to get in.

“Today, your wish is my command. Your chariot awaits!” He stood aside to help me into the car like some unpaid butler. “I wish I could read your thoughts,” he said. “They’re making you smile.”

I hadn’t been aware of his scrutiny. “Oh…I was just thinking about the other Maggie. Your Maggie.”

“My…?” He faltered. His happy, expectant expression dimmed and became a little more remote. “Of course.”

“Do you miss her?” I was still curious…and not at all sure I wanted him to say yes.





From the magical land of castles and kings (Okay, it’s England), Gina doesn’t feel as old as she looks, owns three children (aged 2, 5 and 7) who can’t be tamed, and writes in spare – usually stolen – time. She sometimes bakes—not always with quite the desired results, and has found the only solution to keeping the characters in her head quiet is to placate them with lots of other lovely books and worlds.

Connect with Gina




Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting me on the What You Wish For book blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...