Monday, October 31, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 31, 2016


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's an opportunity to visit other blogs and to comment on their reads. And ... you can add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

**************************************

Happy Halloween!


It's Halloween! I don't know what you are doing for Halloween but we will be waiting at home for the grandkiddos to come over in their cute, cute costumes. They 'trick' us by running from the front door to the back door several timesmore candy that way. Ha! But we love it!

I have been so busy, especially in my reading life. I seemed to have overcommitted myself as far a reading goes and have spent October trying to get all the wonderful books in. My favorite authors need to slow down their writing so I can catch up! I had last Wednesday off work since I had to work on Saturday and I literally spent the whole day reading. Whew! I am feeling better about my reading world now though.  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week. Happy reading!  

What I'm currently reading/listening to

29619695
The Murder Game
by Julie Apple (aka Catherine McKenzie)

31820319
Two from Isaac's House: A Story of Promises
by Normandie Fischer 
(audiobook)
I need to take a road trip so I can really get into this wonderful story.

What I recently finished

31560374
Come This Way
by Michelle Schlicher
Love this author's stories! My thoughts will be posted later this week.

23287179
Orphan Number 8
by Kim van Alkemade 
Book club pick, we had a great discussion.

13602426
The Round House
by Louise Erdrich
Another book club pick. Check out my giveaway HERE.

32187397
Three & Out (Queen of the League #3)
by Laura Chapman
Love this series! Check out my thoughts HERE

What I am going to read next

32607871
The Christmas Surprise (A Holiday Novella)
by Samantha March

I really love my reading life!

What are you reading this week?


Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard The Round House is great, but I haven't read any Erdrich since a modern novel course in college!

    Have a great week and I hope you enjoy Halloween with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you on overcommitted reading! I think that was part of the reason I fell into such a reading slump! Luckily, I've gotten past most of my "must reads" for the year so I can concentrate on some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh these speak to me. I want to know more about The Murder Game and Orphan #8. I am starting to think about Christmas reads also, so thanks for featuring one. Enjoy your variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wait only for road trips when I have an audiobook on tap, Susan. I listen while I cook, clean, use the elliptical, walk...and drive. So good for catching up on all the books I just can't seem to cram into reading hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...